1. Be Respectful
Share your work or use the content developed by the other creatives who contribute to Substance 3D Community Assets. To maintain a high-quality database of assets, we do not allow abusive, mature, or illegal content, including but not limited to the following:
- Spam or any off-topic posts related to the sale of non-creative goods or service
- Nudity (except when shown in fine arts paintings and sculptures)
- Profanity (including hand gestures)
- Sexually suggestive content or pornographic material
- Hate speech or highly offensive content intended to demean an individual or group based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, serious disease or disability, gender, age, or sexual orientation
- Graphic violence or gore
- Illegal activities or goods
- Self-harm or the promotion of self-harm
- Depictions of minors in a sexual manner
- Promotion of terrorism or violent extremism
Please note that we report any material exploiting minors to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) CyberTipline.
2. Be Supportive
While we encourage the exchange of ideas and expression, we ask that you keep your comments and messages constructive and respectful. We don’t tolerate abusive, vulgar or insulting comments and messages.
3. Be Authentic
Substance Share is a platform for sharing your own work with the public, and for creative professionals to interact with one another genuinely.
Do not upload another person’s work to your own profile. This creates confusion about who originally authored the work (and we are all about people getting credit for what they create!). Do not present another person’s work as your own, and do not overstate your own role in creating something. Do not use other people’s trademarks without permission. If you are not sure whether your use of someone else’s content or trademark in your own work is legal, you can consult publicly available reference materials at the U.S. Copyright Office website, the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office website, the Lumen Project website, or talk to an intellectual property attorney. If you want to report misuse of your own creative work or your own trademark by one of our users, you can do so by following the instructions in the ‘Report Abuse’ section below.
If you have a dispute with a Substance 3D Community Assets user about content uploaded to our site, please work directly with that user to resolve the issue. We cannot moderate disputes between our users and other third parties.
Additionally, Substance 3D Community Assets is a platform for creative professionals to interact with one another genuinely. To maintain the quality of these interactions, we disable accounts that engage in behavior that undermines the authenticity of our community, including but not limited to, the following deceptive, harmful behaviors:
- Using fake profiles
- Impersonating other people or entities
- Posting false or misleading employment information
- Falsely attributing someone else’s work
- Using automated or scripted processes (such as bulk or automated following or appreciating user accounts, scripted commenting on projects, etc.)
- Accepting or offering compensation in exchange for positive comments or ratings
- Engaging in appreciation schemes or in third-party services that claim to boost appreciations
4. Be Safe
Do not use Substance 3D Community Assets to reveal private information about other people. Do not upload depictions of identifiable people unless you have their permission.
5. Report Abuse
If you experience a user violating the Community Guidelines, you can make a report to us:
- Select the asset you want to report
- Click the [three dots] Button to the right of the “Download (.sbsar)” Button
- Click “Report Asset”
- Select the reason you are reporting the project and add any additional comments that may help us in our review
- Click “Report Content”
6. More Information
Thank you for using Substance 3D Community Assets! Together, we can create a community that inspires and teaches one another.