On September 30, 2022, we permanently turned off access to all Substance3d.com accounts (a.k.a. the Substance account). With this change, you no longer have access to content hosted on the Substance 3D website. Substance 3D subscriptions and software can now be purchased and managed via your Adobe Account
- I purchased my software licenses on Steam and didn’t have a Substance account. Am I impacted by this change?
No, your Steam licenses will not be impacted by this change.
- I purchased my software licenses on Steam but had a Substance account. Am I impacted by this change?
Your Steam licenses are not impacted by this change, but your Substance account was turned off on September 30, 2022 and is no longer accessible.
Student and Teachers Licenses
- I had a free Substance 3D for Students and Teachers license on a Substance account. Am I impacted by this change?
Already activated legacy student licenses will keep working normally until they reach their expiration date, but you can now request a free Substance 3D for Students and Teachers license via Adobe.com which will provide you access to the same offer but with additional software (Substance 3D Stager and Substance 3D Modeler) if you are eligible.
- How would I know if I am eligible to the free Substance 3D for Students and Teachers license?
Information related to the free Substance 3D for Students and Teachers license is here.
Licenses and Accounts
- Until when can I log into my Substance account?
As of September 30, 2022, you can no longer login to your Substance account.
- I didn’t manage to back-up my perpetual license key files before September 30, 2022. Is there a way to retrieve it?
If you have an active Adobe Account and have access to the email address you created your legacy Substance account with, we may be able to retrieve and send you the license key files and invoices via Adobe support: Adobe Help Center. If you do not have an Adobe Account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Until when will I be able to activate the software with my license key file?
If your license is perpetual (i.e. does not have an end date) your license key file will activate the compatible versions of the software. If your license is non perpetual, it will be deactivated once the end date has been reached
- Until when will I be able to activate the software with my Substance account?
Substance account activation of the software was disabled on September 30, 2022.
- Until when will I be able to use the Substance Launcher?
The Substance Launcher is no longer available as of September 30, 2022.
Substance 3D Assets
- Until when will I be able to access the Substance 3D Assets downloads on my Substance account?
The Substance account login on the Substance 3D Assets website was disabled on September 30, 2022.