UV Tiles are a way to texture more than one set of textures, across several UV ranges, inside a Texture Set.
By default with a traditional workflow, a texture is repeated over each UV range. With UV Tiles, each range becomes a dedicated texture instead. This workflow allows to virtually increase the general texture resolution by splitting the UVs into multiple set of textures. UV Tiles currently only support the UDIM naming convention.
To learn more about the UV Tile workflow, see the following pages:
- Project creation with the UV Tile workflow.
- Viewing UV Tiles in the 2D view.
- UV Tile mask to improve performances.
- Importing and using image sequences.
- Adjusting the resolution per UV Tiles in the Texture Set settings.
Working with UV Tile projects can be demanding, we recommend using an SSD to improve loading times and general performance. We also recommend setting the cache location on an SSD as well.