The Polygon Fill tool () allows you to draw masks quickly by turning selected polygons into a pixel mask. It might seem like a 3D selection tool from other 3DCC applications, but is actually a painting fill tool that results in pixel data. That means selecting and unselecting works by using it to paint white or black.
It has 4 selection modes:
- Triangle Fill - fills individual mesh tri's.
- Polygon Fill - fills entire polygons. Doesn't do anything different from Triangle Fill if your mesh is already triangulated upon export.
- Mesh Fill - fills entire connected sub-meshes. Like "sub-object" mode in 3D applications, will fill every polygon connected to the one clicked.
- UV chunk Fill - fills entire UV chunk or "island". Works like Mesh fill, but by looking at polygons connected in UV space. Filling stops at UV borders.
These 4 Modes can be combined and switched, meaning some smart usage lets you quickly mark and unmark sections in a mask using Mesh and UV chunk mode.
The (default) hotkeys associated to Polygon Fill tool are:
- Numeric key 4 - selects the Polygon Fill tool.
- X - Inverts current color when painting masks. Will quickly swap black for white. In material painting mode this hotkey has no effect.