- Language : Chooses the language of Substance 3D Painter. Please note that you will be invited to restart Substance 3D Painter to take it into account.
- Show keyboard helper : If enabled, displays the keyboard shortcuts at the bottom left of the viewports.
- Show world axes : If enabled, shows the world axis in the bottom right of the 3D view.
- Background color : Chooses the color of the gradient used as a background for the viewports.
- Only display the selected material when painting : If enabled, only the Texture Set currently selected will be displayed when painting, hiding the other Texture Sets.
- Viewport Scaling : Allows to reduce the resolution of the viewport for HDPI/Retina screen to improve performances. This setting can be set to None (no scaling) or Auto (divide resolution by two on HDPI screens only).
Layer Stack Options
- Default UV scale for materials : Defines the default tiling/repetition value for fill layers and fill effect in the layer stack when applying materials.
- Replace layer stack thumbnails with icons : If enabled, the layer stack will only display icons instead of computing thumbnails. Using icons improve performances. This setting doesn't apply to projects using the UV Tile workflow as they will always display icons.
- Rotation speed : Multiplier of the default rotation speed of the viewport's camera.
- Zoom speed : Multiplied of the default zoom speed viewport's camera (default zoom). Inverse direction allows to invert the direction of the zoom based on the mouse movement.
- Wheel speed : Multiplied for the zoom speed of the mouse wheel (wheel zoom). Inverse direction allows to invert the direction of the zoom based on the wheel movement.
- Save preprocessed scene files : If enabled, pre-processed high-poly meshes used by the bakers will be saved on disk for future re-use. This feature allows to re-bake more quickly.
- Enable live preview baking process : If enabled, the 3D and 2D viewport will display the texture computation in-progress on the mesh.
- Enable GPU Raytracing : If enabled, the Bakers will try to use the GPU for performing raytracing instead of the CPU. The feature allows bakers to perform faster in general.
- Local cache directory : Define the location to where shelves thumbnails are located when generated.
Local cache budget (in MB)
: Define the maximum size of the cache.
- Material preview shader : Define a shader to use to generate materials thumbnails in shelves. This is useful if resources use a different workflow than the default PBR Metallic/Roughness. This setting requires to restart the application to take effect.
- Cache directory : Defines the location where Substance 3D Painter writes temporary files (including the Sparse Textures cache). This setting can be overridden by an environment variable .
Sparse Virtual Textures
- Hardware support acceleration : If enabled, the applicaiton will try to use the Sparse Textures feature of the GPU. For more details see the Sparse Virtual Textures page. This setting can be overridden by an environment variable .
This section lists all the compatible resource available that can be used when
The CPU setting is available on all the computers. If the computer has a Nvidia GPU with a version of CUDA compatible it will also be listed here. It is possible for example to disable the CPU and render only on the available GPU(s) (which is recommended).
- Check for updates at startup : If enabled, the application will check for new versions when starting up. In case a new version is available, the Updater Checker window will open and display additional information.
- Automatically send usages statistics : If enabled, it will send information anonymously about the computer hardware configuration along other usage data. These data help us improve the software.