Publish scenes to the web
Adobe Substance 3D Stager makes it easy to share your 3D scenes in many ways, including publishing them to the web as an interactive viewable experience.
To publish a scene from Stager:
- Use Share > Publish 3D scene
- Select a name for your published scene
- Use the create public link action
- Copy the link and share for others to view your scene on the web
Sending your link to others means that they’ll be able to use the Creative Cloud Files platform to comment on your designs. Viewers can sign in with an Adobe ID to leave comments and receive notifications about responses or can leave comments under a guest name.
Managing published links
To manage your published scenes use the in-app link in the share menu “Manage Published 3D Scenes” or visit Creative Cloud Files on the web and visit the “Published” tab to find your published scenes.
Limitations for web published scenes
The web viewer uses a real time rendering technology that is different than what is used inside of Stager so that it can run on the browser. Here is a short list of some known features that are not supported in the web viewer:
- The web renderer will have general lighting and material differences.
- There is limited support for translucency and transparency in the web renderer
- There is no support for subsurface scattering in the web renderer
- There is no support for triplanar projection in the web renderer
- There is no support for ground plane reflections in the web renderer
- There is no support for background images in the web renderer