The main toolbar
This page describes the Main toolbar and menu of Adobe Substance 3D Designer, which appear at the top left of the main window.It consists of two parts: the drop-down main menus, and quick-access buttons. All quick access button functions can also be accessed through the File and Edit menu's.
Quick access buttons
- - Ctrl+N - Presents you the New Substance graph window, then creates a new package with a Substance compositing graph. New Substance graph...
- Substance model graph. New Substance model graph - creates a new package with a new
- MDL graph. New MDL graph... - Presents you the "New MDL graph" window, then creates a new package with a
- Substance package (.SBS, .SBSAR, .SBSASM). Open... - Ctrl+O - Open an existing
- Save All - Ctrl+Shift+S - Saves all open Substances and packages.
- - Ctrl+Z - Undo last operation. Undo
- - Ctrl+Y - Redo last undone operation. Redo
- New - opens a sub menu to create a graph or package:
- New Substance graph... - Ctrl+N - Presents you the New Substance graph window which lets you set up a new Substance compositing graph
- New Substance model graph - Creates a new package with a new Substance model graph
- New MDL graph... - Presents you the "New MDL graph" window, which lets you set up a new MDL graph
- Substance function graph - Creates a new package with a Substance function graph
- Empty - Creates an empty package
- Open... - Ctrl+O - Open an existing Substance package (.SBS, .SBSAR, .SBSASM)
- Recent packages - Displays a list of recently opened packages. Click on an entry to open it
- Open last session packages (#) - Opens all packages that were open when the last session closed or was ended
- Save all - Ctrl+Shift+S - Saves all open packages, including packages loaded in the background
- Close all - Closes all open packages
- Reload resources - Forces Designer to reload all resources, including bitmaps and SVG data
- Exit - Ctrl+Q - Close Substance 3D Designer
- Undo - Ctrl+Z - Undo last operation.
- Redo - Ctrl+Y - Redo last undone operation.
- Preferences... - Opens the Preferences Window. This dialog is accessed from the Substance 3D Designer menu on OS X.
- Cancel rendering - Esc - Stops current operation for the Substance Engine. Can be used to abort an unwanted, heavy operation.
- Suspend engine - Shift+Esc - Suspends the rendering engine. This can speed up editing of complex Substance compositing graphs.
- Switch engine... - F9 - Offers a choice of rendering engines, including DirectX engines (Windows) and OpenGL (OS X) as well as the CPU software ("SSE") engine.
- Substance Player - Manage Designer's integration with Substance Player
- Locate Player... - Let Designer where Player is installed
- Download Player... - Opens the Substance Player documentation's landing page, where Player can be downloaded
- Plugin Manager... - Opens the Plugin Manager window, where you can install, load and unload Python Plugins for Substance 3D Designer.
- New Explorer - Opens a new Explorer tab. You can have multiple Explorers open.
- New 3D View - Opens a new 3D View tab. You can Have Multiple 3D Views open.
- New Library View - Opens a new Library tab. You can have multiple Libraries open.
- Python Editor - Opens the Python Editor used to evaluate and create scripts.
- Reset layout - Resets the workspace to the default layout. All windows will be re-arranged, and some windows might be hidden again. Use in case of problems with program layout.
- Unmaximize window - When any panel is maximized, this option unmaximizes it and restores the layout as it was before the window was maximized
- Explorer - Show / hide the Explorer Window(s).
- Graph - Show / hide the graph Window(s).
- Parameters - Show / hide the Properties Window.
- Console - Show/Hide the Console Window.
- 3D View - Show / hide the 3D View(s).
- Dependency Manager - Show/Hide the Dependency Manager.
- 2D Views - Show / hide the 2D View(s).
- Library - Show / hide the Library Window.
- Main toolbar - Show / hide the Main Toolbar (quick-access buttons only).
- Tutorials - Opens free tutorials website (formerly Substance Academy).
- Release notes - Opens a window with latest version's changelog.
- Technical requirements - Shows you the technical requirements to run the application.
- Documentation - Opens your default webbrowser on https://docs.substance3d.com/ for reference and technical documentation.
- Scripting documentation - Opens your webbrowser on the local Python API docs.
- Forums... - Opens your web browser on https://forum.substance3d.com/, to get in touch with the community and ask questions.
- Report a bug... - Open bug reporting window.
- Export log... - Exports current log files to a compressed (.zip) file, to provide to technical support.
- Give feedback... - Opens your web browser on the Substance 3D Designer uservoice feedback page.
- Substance 3D assets - Browse premium 3D content for subscribers (formerly Substance Source).
- Substance 3D community assets - Lets you browse free community assets (formerly Substance Share).
- (Adobe Substance 3D subscriptions only) Manage my account- Opens the webpage for your Adobe account
- (Adobe Substance 3D subscriptions only) Sign in/Sign out... - Lets you sign into/out of your Adobe account
- Welcome screen - Displays the Welcome dialog
- About Substance 3D Designer... - Displays information about the application, like version number.
- Partners - Lets you access the disclaimers and notices for third-party integrations from our partners in Designer