Bakers Legacy Interface
Here is the description of the baker interface available in versions before 6.0.4.
The baker panel is divided in 4 parts:
Let you define which part of the mesh is involved in the baking process.
New in version 6, you can also select by material:
By pressing thebutton, you can add the desired bakers to the processing list
Bakings are processed following the list order (from top to bottom): this may be important if you want to reuse the result of a bake (like the normal map) in another baking process
Clicking on the "+" in the bakers layout lets you add the bakers in a stack (You can put as many bakers as you want in a stack).
You can remove a baking process from the list by pressing
You can reorder the baking process list by selecting a baking process and using
3: Bakers parameters
This section displays the specific options for the current selected baker.
4: Common Parameters
Displays the parameters that are shared between bakers.
By default, changing one of these parameters; will affect all the bakers, except if you check Override Parameters, common to all bakers: in that case, the changes will be local to the current baker.
- The Resource Name field lets you change the name of the generated bitmap, if desired.
- The File Format drop-down list lets you change file format from the default (Windows or OS/2 Bitmap format, "BMP").
- The Place resource into a mesh specific folder check-box lets you choose whether the generated bitmap is stored at the same level as the model, or inside a new sub-folder named "Resources".
- The Method lets you define whether the new bitmap resource should be linked or embedded into the Substance package.
- The Folder lets you define where to save the maps.
Pressing the OK button at the bottom right of the bakers window will start the baking process.
New in version 6: you can now cancel the baking process with the cancel button: