In Adobe Substance 3D Sampler filters are the primary tool used to modify and adjust assets. Sampler includes the following types of filters:
- Generators - introduce new elements to your material.
- Adjustments - adjust the values of your material's channels.
- Tools - find and fix technical issues.
- HDRI Tools - filters that are specific to environment lights.
- Wear and Finish - change the look and feel of your material.
It's possible to create your own filters using Adobe Substance 3D Designer - go here to find out how.
Filters can be based on different technologies:
- Procedural filters made with Substance Designer
- Image Processing filters made directly in C++ and/or using Artificial Intelligence
Most filters can be used on materials or images. Some filters have specific requirements in terms of channel set up - if a filter isn't working as you'd expect, look for it in the documentation to see a usage guide.