Exporting the log file
Exporting the log file from the application
The log file can be directly exported from Substance3D Sampler by going to the Help menu and selecting the Export log file item.
Retrieving the log file manually on the disk
If you are unable to launch Substance 3D Sampler, you can retrieve the log file manually by going in the following folder:
- Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Sampler\log.txt
- Mac OS: Macintosh > Users > username > Library > Application Support > Adobe> Adobe Substance 3D Sampler > log.txt
- Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Allegorithmic\Adobe Substance 3D Sampler\log.txt
- Mac OS: Macintosh > Users > username > Library > Application Support > Allegorithmic > Adobe Substance 3D Sampler > log.txt
- Linux: /home/username/.local/share/Allegorithmic/Adobe Substance 3D Sampler/log.txt
On Windows "Appdata" is a hidden folder.
On Mac OS "library" is a hidden folder.
On Linux ".local" is a hidden folder.
Attaching your log file to a forum post
When asking for support on the forum, a log file is required. Here is how to attach a log file to your message:
- Check the "Join a file" setting
- Click on the "Choose File" button and locate your log file
- Click on "Post" when your message is ready to post and upload your log file