This feature lets you create a new type of filters that are represented as a single layer in the interface and be composed of multiples filters.
Supported since Substance Alchemist 2020.2 (2.2)
A compound filter is .ssafilter description file using JSON formatting. It contains:
- Name: Label of the compound filter displayed in the interface
- Version: Incremental number to define the version of your compound filter.
- Node: List of filters to be used
- Link: List of connections between the different filters
Using a version number allows you to keep track of your different iterations. When opening a layer stack done with a previous version of your compound filter, a notification will be showed to suggest you to upgrade to the latest version.
A node can refer to an internal filter of Substance 3D Sampler. Define a unique identifier Id to be used to define links between nodes and the label of the internal filter InternalFilter
A node can refer to a SBSAR file that's not in Substance 3D Sampler. Define a unique identifier Id to be used to define links between nodes and the filename File of the SBSAR file. The SBSAR file has to be in a resources folder next to the .alchfilter file.
A link is a description of how two nodes are linked and are composed of two elements:
- From: Usage to be used by the node
- To: Usage output of the node
Each element has 3 attributes:
- Node: Declare the Id of the node you want to use
- set the input of the compound filter, the node Id is FilterInput
- set the output of your compound layer, the node Id is FilterOutput
- Usage: Declare the usage you want to use. There are 3 options:
- Single usage at a time and declare link by link (baseColor, normal, height, ambientOcclusion, roughness, metallic, diffuse, specular, glossiness, specularLevel, opacity, emissive, scan1, ...)
- You can also specify a list ["baseColor", "normal"]. The first item of the list of From will match the first item of the list of To. etc...
- Use * to let Substance 3D Sampler do the matching between identical usages of all usages of the From node and the To node (It's not possible to combine * with another link, while single links and list links are possible between same nodes)
- Group: In case of a node has several times the same usage, you can use the Group attribute to select a specific usage. ie: For Blend filters, to get the baseColor of the bottom material use Material1 and to get the baseColor of the top material use Material2
filterImg and filterMat can't be used as node Id