Installation and activation
This page has information on how to activate and manage your licenses so you can start using Modeler.
Install the latest release from Modeler's Open Beta
In order to get Modeler up and running on your local machine you will need to follow the following 3 steps:
- Download a Modeler installer from Adobe's prerelease website.
- Extract the installer from the downloaded .zip file.
- Run the installer.
If you need additional assistance with these steps, refer to the more detailed instructions below.
Download the Modeler installer
You can download new Modeler releases from Adobe's prerelease website:
- Follow the link above and log in with your Creative Cloud credentials.
- Once signed in, you'll reach a page with information about the Open Beta.
- Click "Downloads" to see a list of currently available releases.
- Select an installer to download.
- Your browser may prompt you for a download location or to confirm the download. Follow these prompts to begin the download and make a note of the download location.
Extract the installer
Once you have downloaded the installer you can follow these steps to install Modeler:
- Navigate to the installer's location. If you aren't sure where the installer is, it may be in your "Downloads" folder.
- Unzip the installer:
- Right click the installer and select "Extract All"
- Select a location to extract the installer to - note Modeler will not be installed to this location
Once the installer has been unzipped, open the installer folder and run Set-up.exe
The installer will immediately begin installing Modeler to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Modeler\
On completion, the installer will automatically launch Modeler.
The installation process does not create a desktop shortcut for Modeler. You can launch Modeler in one of two ways
- Search for and launch Modeler with your native OS search function.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Modeler\bin and run Adobe Substance 3D Modeler.exe.
- To create a desktop shortcut, right click Adobe Substance 3D Modeler.exe and select Create Shortcut.
- To pin Modeler to the taskbar, open Modeler then right click the icon on the taskbar. Select Pin to Taskbar.