Export your creations
This page explains how to export your creations into other application such as Adobe Substance 3D Painter or Stager for texturing and rendering.
You can bring up the Export window using File > Export or shortcut ctrl + e.
It's currently only possible to export the entirety of a scene, in future we plan to add functionality for different export options such as "Export Selection" and "Export visible".
This option should be toggled depending on which application you intend to use next. Not all applications support instancing - if you are using an application that doesn't support instancing properly, turn this toggle off.
Instancing is much more performant than converting everything into individual layers, so if it is available, keep this toggle on.
|Positive Transform scales only||Some applications have trouble understanding negative transforms. If meshes appear to be inside out or have other normal issues, try toggling this setting.|
|Vertex Color||Toggle if vertex color information is included in the export. If you don't apply color to sculpts in Modeler, it's a good idea to turn this setting off.|
This option lets you retopologize the mesh before export to help decrease polycounts and improve edge flow.
Mesh retopology options
The Method option under Mesh Output determines the retopology algorithm that is run before exporting the mesh. Quads and Triangles will have different results - Triangles isn't just a triangulated version of the Quads output.
The following option is available when exporting Triangles:
- Quality: adjust how far the algorithm attempts to reduce the polycount of the scene.
- Note that dropping the percentage too far will significantly impact the appearance of the exported mesh. The default 80% generally gives good results at a manageable polygon count, however this value is very dependent on your specific sculpt and the level of detail you're trying to achieve.
The following options are available with Quad Remesher:
- Target Quad count: an approximate number of quads for the algorithm to aim for. Exports will usually be within a few percentage points of this number.
- Adaptive: toggle adaptive retopology. When turned on, polygons will be focused in areas of higher detail. This can help preserve detail at lower polygon counts.
UV-mapped Triangles automatically UV unwraps your sculpts on export. The following options are available for UV-mapped Triangle export:
- Optimize For: Select whether to optimize the UVs for Hard Surface or Organic sculpts.
- For mixed sculpts like a cyborg that has both Hard Surface and Organic elements, it might be worth exporting parts of the sculpt individually for best results.