Export settings by application
This page groups recommended export settings for specific applications.If you would like additional applications added to this list, please contact us.
Unreal Engine 5
Unreal Engine 5's Nanite technology means that you can easily export full resolution Modeler scenes with USD.
To export from Modeler:
- Export as USD.
- Use "Raw Triangles".
- Keep "Preserve Instances" turned on.
- Keep "Positive transforms only" turned off.
Note that you will need to enable the USD plugin in Unreal Engine 5 in order to import USD files.
To import your scene to Unreal Engine 5
- Use File > Import into Level and select the exported USD file.
- Set your import settings to match those in the screenshot below.
- Confirm the settings and wait for your scene to be processed and imported.
With the above settings, your scene should be imported at the correct scale and with the correct orientation.
Note that the settings above assume the use of Nanite. For projects that do not make use of Nanite, you may need to export your scene at a lower quality level, or perform retopology and baking on exported meshes.