Unity Supported Versions
The Adobe Substance 3D plugin for Unity version 3.0.0 currently supports Unity 2020.3.27x and higher. It can be downloaded from the Unity Asset Store.
Before upgrading or using the plugin, check the upgrading project page.
Be sure to check the Optimization Guidelines page before authoring custom Substance materials.
Table of Contents
- Unity Release Notes — What's new in the Substance in Unity plugin by version
- Downloading Substance 3D Plugin in Unity — The Adobe Substance 3D for Unity is available in the Unity Asset Store https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/substance-in-unity-110555.
- Unity Plugin Overview
- Unity Preferences — The Substance preference window allows you to set user-defined options for the plugin.
- Optimization Guidelines — When creating your own custom Substance materials, be sure to check the following optimization guidelines.
- Upgrading Projects/Known Issues — Known issues with the Substance in Unity plugin
- Managing Substance Graphs — You can create new materials based on the Substance material using the Substance Graph Manager (SGM)
- Changing parameters — Parameters for the Substance material are accessible on the Substance Graph Object (SGO).
- Generated Textures (Packing) — The Generated Textures show the outputs from the Substance that are computed by the Substance Engine to create textures
- Rendering Color Space — For the best results, you should set the color space to linear in the Unity Player Settings.
- Using Image Inputs
- Publishing for Mobile — Guidelines for publishing on mobile platforms
- Substance 3D for Unity Scripting — Using the Substance API, you can write scripts to update and change Substance parameters at runtime.
- Scripting in Unity (Deprecated) — Using the Substance API, you can write scripts to update and change Substance parameters at runtime.
- Substance 3D Assets Library Usage
- Removing Substance Plugin
- Substance 3D in Unity Tutorials
- Physical Size in Unity